My reading notes for the 6th story of すーちゃん, p.39 to 45.
Suchan’s mother asks “彼氏はおらんの？” I guess that she is asking her daughter whether she has a boyfriend or not but I don’t understand the structure. Same for Suchan’s answer, she says that whether she has a boyfriend or not, it has nothing to do with her mother (her mother should not be sticking her nose into it).
- だもん I found だもんで which means “because of that”
- きっかけ chance, occasion
- 早番・はやばん early shift
- 遅番・おそばん late shift
- 親密・しんみつ intimacy, friendship
- ビミョー・微妙・びみょう delicate, difficult, complicated
- 終わってゆくんだ・おわってゆくんだ is ゆく used instead of いく?
- ネコババ pocketing, misappropriation, stealing.
I remember that Suchan evokes Bridget Jones when she starts her diary. Well, that’s how she should seduce manager Nakata! 😉
Expressions worth remembering
If I remember only one thing from this chapter, let it be ネコババ!